Monday, March 5, 2012

Ground Rules And Assigned Seats

Friday night: I fell a sleep on the bus because well let's face it, I was tired. I guess what I didn't realize is that I was low... really low... like scary low. Some one woke me up when we got to my stop, but I couldn't really figure out where I was and I didn't know how to get home. And that's all I remember, I also remember waking up laying face first on the ground with a juice box in my hand and the bagel bite box on the counter (another story for a later date.) Those kinds of things scare me when I'm completely oblivious to what's really going on around me. I happened to let it slip when I got on the bus this after noon to a friend who made sure to tell the bus driver who in turn gave me an assigned seat at the very front so she could keep an eye on me. Hey as long as I get to sit next to the window I'm fine. But now there are more ground rules in place in my life now and it gets hard to keep track of them all. Like now if I feel low I'm aloud to hang out on the bus at the bus stop until I'm high enough to safely make it home. Which is cool, I can do that. But, there's a problem half the time I don't "feel" low. I used to test before I got off the bus to catch some of those lows, but with the cost of test strips and the fact that technically I'm not "required" to test testing just kinda became irregular. So I'm setting ground rules for myself. To prevent things like Friday night from happening and to just help every one else around me feel secure. I hate when people are hovering over me when I test and stuff, but I guess it's for the better. So I'm setting ground rules some other people have set for me like the nurse and other people and some I'm setting myself. Either way, they're being set and I'm just going to have to get over it and move on.

Keep your head up and your ground rules set,
Ellie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment