Friday, November 4, 2011

Let's Get To Know Me! Part 3!

This is part three of this weeks Let's Get To Know Me! session. Here are today's questions:

1. What is on your bedside table?
answer: Um you got my $16 lamp from Target, my Ipod dock, my thermometer that tells me how hot/cold my room is not to see if I have a fever, my phone charger, phone, ear buds, book light, flash cards for last weeks English test which I never used to study, meter, some kind of edible thing for midnight lows, and a gum wrapper which is weird cuz I don't eat gum.

2.What are some of the books that have most impacted you?
answer: In 7th grade I got to meet Ben Michaelson in person. He wrote an amazing book called Spirit Bear. He also wrote a book called Tree Girl. I got a hold of Tree Girl and read it in like 2.7 seconds. I got so into that I would start sobbing randomly when I flipped the page. I remember my brother coming into my room to tell me it was time for dinner and running away because I was crying. I was so attached to the characters every word like tugged at my heart. It was an amazing book and I recommend it to everyone! I also loved the book Night by Elie Wiesel. It was a hard book to read because of all the detail, but it opened my eyes to see how lucky I am to be alive and blessed. I also got to meet him briefly as well. It was truely a humbling experience. After I read this book I had the privilage to go to the Holocaust museum in D.C. I still remember going through and thinking back to everything he said when he came to my school. It really did touch my heart.
This is Mr. Michaelsen and his bear. Yes his BEAR real BEAR. Cool huh? 
3. If you had a chance to bring any person back from the dead who would it be and why? 
answer: When I was 12 I had the honor of meeting this amazing person. I was at a church event playing tag with a few other kids. As I was running away I almost knocked the poor man over. I said I was sorry hoping he wouldn't get mad at me for running like I was not supposed to. Instead he asked if I knew what my name meant. I said I had no idea and proceeded to walk away. All week I wondered about what he had asked me. I found him the next week to ask him, but before he had a chance he said "it means set apart for God's purpose." I smiled. He introduced himself and we became best friends. His name was Pastor Mitch Prifogle. He changed my life. He was always smiling and willing to listen when ever I needed an ear. Until two Octobers ago in 2008. He became very sick and was put on bed rest. I begged people to take me to see him, but no one could ever find "time" to take me to see him. He past away that April 2009. I never got a chance to say goodbye or how much he meant and still means to me. I think about him all the time and know he's watching over me. I love him more than words can describe and will miss him forever. 
Pastor Prifogle. <3
Well on a happier note IT'S FRIDAY!!! Hope you have an AMAZING WEEKEND!! 

Keep your head up and THINK BLUE!
Ellie <3


No comments:

Post a Comment