Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm sueing for false advertising...

Everything DOES NOT come naturally!!  Managing blood sugars purely on diet and numbers that may or may not be accurate does not come naturally. You can practice and practice and practice and it will never get perfect. Two weeks without having to go to the nurse, sure I had lows but they were the type I could handle without worrying about passing out or going into a state where I wouldn't be able to help myself. I was excited as I made my way through my day because I hadn't gone low. I got a 62 during guard and those are the ones that scare me because they can't for the life of them figure out that I just need to eat. So I went to the nurse 15 mins later I came back. I don't ask for special treatment and I don't ask to go to the health office unless I feel I NEED to. So when I came back and picked up the conversation where I left off and jumped back into the days activities people were surprised. They said I make it look so easy so natural. Yes, it's second nature now, yes it's part of my routine now, but that in no way, shape, or form does that mean it comes naturally. That's what bugs me the parts that people don't see and assume they know. They don't see how boring the health office is when you're there that often. Sure I get to use my phone and my Ipod, but that's only cuz it's like sitting in a freaking doctors office. So I've decided to sue myself for false advertising. For making it look like I have it all under control when I don't. When people say I wish I could leave class when ever I want, I want to slap them across the face and be like NO YOU DON'T. I blame myself and for lacking on the whole education part of everything. Happy Tuesday guys.

Keep your heads up and keep educating,
Ellie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment