Sunday, September 29, 2013

It's Like Losing Your Car Keys



     My mom has been telling me not to get my hopes up on this for the past few days, but apart of me feels like it's like looking for your lost car keys, they're always the last place you look, and this is the last thing to try and I'm hoping that this puts a stop to my episodes. 
    The neurologist gave me a prescription of Keppra on Tuesday and said to wait until after I had the halter monitor to start using it. So tomorrow is the day. We turned in the prescription today and I start taking it tomorrow morning. Keppra is an anti-seizure medication for complex-partial seizures. Even though the EEG came up negative for any crazy brain activity there's still a 3% chance that it is epilepsy and that this could work and well I'm running out of options. I've gotten to the end of my rope. I am so tired of this. I've been handling it fine, but it is KILLING me not to drive, and to constantly under my parents watch. I'm a senior this year, this isn't supposed to be the time when I have no freedoms that was ten years ago not now. I should know in three days to a week if this stuff is working and then go back to the neurologist in four weeks to reevaluate and see if I need to keep on it or if it's just not working at all. I don't know if anybody truly understands how badly I need this to work how devastated I will be if it doesn't. I know I shouldn't put to much on this, but I'm out of options I am going to lose my mind if I'm stuck with these for longer. It takes everything I have out of me. I have no more energy, no more happy smiles, it's killing me. Let's just say if this doesn't work I might have to start throwing things. 

Keep your head up and hope for the best,
Ellie <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment