Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Day Stories

   

This was the best 6th grade photo I could find. The girl to my right was a friend of mine :)
The best senior me picture I could find. :D 
     Today was my first on campus day! I don't know why it took me this long to transfer schools, but I absolutely love this one!! My mom and I went in early just so she could introduce herself and talk to my homeroom teachers and show them how to "knuckle pop" me out of it. They were really awesome and almost every teacher in the hallway whether I had them or not came to meet me and learn how to pull me out of it. I wasn't sure how much I would actually get to know my teachers because I spend 4 out of 5 days online, but I think I talked to more of my teachers one on one today then I have in a whole year at my old school.
     The way it works in at the beginning of the day I go to my homeroom. There we spend the first hour doing math and they have math teachers in each room to help you with any questions or confusion. Then the second hour is set aside for me work on what ever it is that I need to work on. And all your teachers go from room to room and check in with each of us one on one to make sure we don't have any questions or problems. And finally for the last hour we go to a specialty class or an elective. Mine is world affairs. Which is actually turning out to be a pretty interesting class. My world affairs teacher is... interesting. He's an awesome teacher, but I was worried because he doesn't seem like the type of person who would handle stressful situations well. In fact he told us that. So after class I went and introduced myself and told him that if I was to ever go under in his class all he needs to do is walk over to the door and holler for the nurse because her office is across the hall. I feel better about that now.
     Another first day story: I was sitting in my third hour class (world affairs) and I happened to see out the window the fire department and ambulance showing up. Is it bad that I might of had a mini party in my head because finally for once they weren't there for me? Because I might have. Going through a whole four hours with out blacking out is a HUGE accomplishment for me. And although I sincerely hope that person was okay. I'm really happy they weren't there for me. One day down nine more months to go.

Keep your head up and keep smiling,
Ellie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment