Sunday, August 26, 2012

It Was Really Quite A Miserable Way To End Summer If You Ask Me

     The last week of Summer started off to be a great one. School supplies were being bought, my room was surprisingly being cleaned everything was going magically. Tuesday morning rolled around and I have three more hours of band camp, an hour of dance class and then I was free for the rest of the day. I finished band and headed straight over to dance where I tried to quickly join in. However; I was finding it hard to catch my breath and keep up. Thinking it was a low, I checked, my bg was 125 which is normal enough for me. But, I figured it was just from being out in the sun all morning on the football field and my breathing would return to normal quickly. After dance I went home and took it easy later going to the mall with my mom and brother. I reached over to open the door and I had to stop. It felt like someone was stabbing my chest repeatedly and I couldn't breath what so ever. My mom told me to stretch it out because it could just be growing pains, so I did. But it continued to worsen. It got to the point where I couldn't just stand up because it hurt so much. My mom took me home and gave me Tylenol and a heating pad to put on my chest. Neither of those things did anything for the pain or my shortness of breath. I opted out of going to dinner because I was in so much pain. My mom called around 5:00 to make sure I was still doing okay. I got up to use the restroom and just flat out could not breathe. I fell over and didn't know what to do. I had to literally talk myself through how to take a breath. I crawled over to the phone and called my grandma with barely any voice because I swear to you I could not breathe. She was over in ten seconds flat. She called my mother and they rushed me to the hospital, because like I said I could. Not. Breathe. Turned out I pulled a muscle in my chest area causing the cartilage around it to swell and the swelling isn't giving my lungs enough room to do their lungy job. All in all, I'm in pain.

     Well anyway, Thursday morning we left early in the morning to go camping. Now mind you I'm still in a ton of pain. My mom handed me an anti-inflammatory pill which also helps the pain and I took it. An hour later I'm still in pain so my mom gave me the other thing the doctor prescribed, I can't remember what they were called but let me just say, it knocked me out. I was gone for the rest of the trip. I woke up at a gas station and started putting on my shoes half asleep. My mom turned around and asked me if I was okay. "I'm gonna get sick." I told her simply. "Well, forget the shoes and get out of the car!" She grabbed my hand and walked me over to a curb where I took a seat. I never did get sick, but I was dizzy and loopy as hell. The rest of my weekend continued like this. The side affects of the anti-inflammatory pills were so. much. fun. And I say that in the most sarcastic way. But that was just the tip of the ice burg the pills the Dr. prescribed also made me drop like a rock. So I spent most of my weekend in the low 40's mid 50's. It was just a blast really. -_- So while everyone else was having a great weekend I was sitting there most likely asleep having a miserable drug induced weekend. Really it was just a horrible way to end the Summer. Do you see my enthusiasm there?? 

Keep your head up and make this school year great,
Ellie <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment