Friday, December 2, 2011

Yo I can't Believe You Said That!

I haven't posted lately because there really hasn't been much to post about numbers were beautiful, nothing monumental happened at school... nothing until today.
I had my first run in with misconceptions yesterday. I am partly to blame, but I should have fixed it. I was low two days ago so I was sitting on the floor in our living room drinking a juice box and visiting. My grandma noticed my quietness and asked if I was low. I said yes and went into tell her about my 5 lows that day and blah blah blah. One of my family members looked up realizing we were talking about low blood sugar and asked if I was type 1 or type 2. I answered hypoglycemic except when I answered it sounded like type 2 and that's what he had heard. I didn't realize that or I would have corrected him. Then yesterday rolled around and I was correcting another low with juice and chocolate. (yes I know you can not correct a low with chocolate get over it I did.) He looked up and was like you better watch your intake missy it's no wonder your part diabetic. I almost fell on the floor. I didn't have a chance to correct him before someone started another conversation. It just kind of annoyed me. I will correct him sooner or later I promise I just got to make sure it's not like yo i can't believe you said that! Wish me luck.

Keep your head up and educated,
Ellie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment