Saturday, March 17, 2012

Runaway Train

Sometimes I feel like my life moves so fast. Everything blurs together and it's some times hard to take a good look at what's ahead. It's also hard sometimes to realize I'm low and that I need to do something about it. Like today I was volunteering with kids like I do almost every Saturday. I deal with about a total of anywhere between 7-13 kids a Saturday... that's a lot of kids. They're hard to keep track of sometimes and you just have to be 100% committed to doing it which I totally am which is why it is so annoying when I drop low during that 4 hour window. Today I had one of those lows where I just couldn't focus and then randomly out of the blue I couldn't walk. What do you do in that instance? You send the kids out on an early recess and send one kid out to get a fruit snack then you sit there hoping nobody dies in your no legged absence and wait for the fruit snacks to kick in and raise your blood sugar. One of the little girls had allergies and in the awful wind and rain whipping through the town this weekend she opted to hang out with me. We had a discussion on those waves you see across the pavement when it's 110 outside, we talked about how many "boyfriends" she's had (she's only 9) and a bunch of other things until it was time for lunch. It was fun. I would have missed out on this conversation had I not been low, but I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't.

Keep your head up and your train of thought on its track,
Ellie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment