Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another Night In The Life Of Me

Let me set a scene for you. It's two o' clock in the morning and I hear a noise that could have been anything. I'm super hyper vigilant now and nothing is going to get me to go back to sleep. An overwhelming sense of dizziness washes over me and I've realized I'm only seeing out of my right eye. My heart is beating a mile a minute and my hands are shaky to no end. I decided it was a good time just to test the bg. I honestly didn't think anything was wrong it just seemed like a good plan. I pulled out my bag and poked my finger, FOUR TIMES, before I could get enough blood out. I slowly dropped the blood on the strip trying to subside the shaking that I thought was from the bad dream I just had. I waited the fives seconds and a number flashed on the screen. From my point of view it looked like an E6 which means epic fail dummy you didn't get enough blood. I was gonna throw the thing across the room when I looked back down at it. 26. Moments passed to minutes and I sat there dumbfounded. I was mad at my body for doing this when I was supposed to be sleeping, I was mad at myself that I didn't wake up sooner, I was mad at the meter for showing me a stupid 26. I got up and ate ritz bitz cheese and crackers and a juice box and sat there waiting praying for a quick and high rebounding number so I could go to sleep safely. At 2:30 I retested 77. I know I shouldn't have, but I went back to bed. I woke up low again this morning, but it wasn't that bad. I'm just happy I made it through the night. Just another night in the life of me. 

Keep your head up and your night time bg's up too,
Ellie <3 

P.S I blame the Just Dance 2 on the wii that we played for like two hours last night. I would normally eat a snack after we finished to keep me from plummeting like this, but I forgot. Soo thanks a lot Just Dance 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment