Wednesday, September 21, 2011

1st Post Ever

I was a tourist for Halloween last year.
If you asked me I nailed the costume. :) 
Hi!
It's so nice to meet all of you! I'm Elizabeth. Also known as Ellie. :) This is obviously my blog and my life story I guess you could call it. Umm let's see. I decided to make a blog like honestly 20mins ago. So here I am preparing to poor my life story on to you. So I should probably give you some background info huh? Well I'm 15 years old, I live in the desert (I hate the heat), I love chocolate, and oh I should probably mention this... I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia about a month and a half agoish. Well it's a long story. Last summer I was showing the typical signs of diabetes. Constantly thirsty, always having to take trips to the restroom, loosing weight, always tired and grouchy. Then some new signs started showing up. When I was on a recreational swim team thing I was getting out of the pool and running to the restroom feeling like I was about to get sick. This continued on during dance class and when ever I was just down at the park. My mom and I decided to have my BG (blood glucose or blood sugar) tested by someone who had diabetes. It was right after dance class and I wasn't feeling to hot. The number came back to be 69. We ruled diabetes out, but little did we know that one point low 69 would be a big lead in my journey. Later in November I went on a band trip we were out in the sun for two hours and it took three hours for the ground to stop spinning after that. All signs pointed to anxiety attacks. Nothing the doctor told me to do for anxiety attacks were working. So in late April I took matters into my own hands. I bought a meter and started testing my own blood sugar. After seeing numbers as low as the 40's/50's I knew something was up. After many blood tests and all results coming back negative. I honestly think we gave up. The dr. told me to keep testing when I feel low and to come back soon. He wrote hypoglycemic on my discharge papers and here I sit. I find strength through the most random things and that's why I'm here. To give you strength. What ever it is you're going through you should know you're never alone. :) So please keep reading from time to time. I promise they won't all be this long. If you have any questions please let me know. I'd love to answer them. So I'll leave you with a quote that I got off of the Halls cough drops "Just buckle down and get through it." 
Keep your head up,
Ellie <3 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth/Ellie! :) I look forward to reading what you share here. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete